CAFE AND RESTAURANT MANAGERS organise and control the operations of cafes, restaurants and related establishments to provide dining and catering services.
This Occupation is currently on the STSOL list. As a result Café and Restaurant Manager is eligible to apply for both Skilled visas and Employer Sponsored visas in Australia.
The tasks of Café and Restaurant Manager Include:
- planning menus in consultation with Chefs
- planning and organising special functions
- arranging the purchasing and pricing of goods according to budget
- maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
- ensuring dining facilities comply with health regulations and are clean, functional and of suitable appearance
- conferring with customers to assess their satisfaction with meals and service
- selecting, training and supervising waiting and kitchen staff
- may take reservations, greet guests and assist in taking orders
Vetassess is the Skill assessment authority for Café and Restaurant Manager.
Skill Assessment Requirement:
Applicants are required to hold at least Australian equivalent of Diploma level qualification or higher. If the qualification is in a field highly relevant to the occupation, then one year of highly relevant, post-qualification employment is required. This must be within the past five years.
On the other hand, if the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, two years of highly relevant, post qualification employment is required. This must be within the past five years.This is reduced to one years if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Certificate IV level in a highly relevant field.
If employment is not post-qualification, then three additional years of relevant employment are required. This is in addition to one year of highly relevant employment within the past five years.
If you are interested about migrating to Australia as a Café/Restaurant Manager, you can contact us through: (02) 8379 1811 or 0421 677 920 or email@example.com