University Lecturer is currently on MLTSSL list which is a critical skill shortage list. According to Job Outlook which is an initiative of the Australian Government Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business, the number of people working as University Lecturers (in their main job) grew very strongly over 5 years, and this occupation has a very strong future growth. As a result, University Lecturer is eligible to apply for both Skilled visas and Employer Sponsored visas in Australia.
University Lecturer prepares and delivers lectures and conduct tutorials in one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at a university and conduct research in a particular field of knowledge.
In Australia generally the task of University Lecturer includes:
- preparing and delivering lectures, and conducting tutorials, seminars and laboratory sessions
- preparing and marking essays, assignments and examinations
- advising students on academic and related matters
- attending departmental and faculty meetings, conferences and seminars
- supervising work programs of postgraduate and honours students and tutorial staff
- participating in setting course and degree requirements, curriculum revision and academic planning
- serving on council, senate, faculty and other committees and professorial boards
- conducting research and undertaking consultancies in a particular field of knowledge
- stimulating and guiding class discussions
- compiling bibliographies of specialised materials for reading assignments
University Lecturer is a VETASSESS Group A occupation.
In order for the successful skill assessment as a University Lecturer, you need a qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher (this includes qualifications assessed at AQF Bachelor, Master and Doctoral level) in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation. You must also have at least one year of highly relevant, post-qualification employment, at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years.
If you are interested about migrating to Australia as an University lecturer, you can contact us through: (02) 8379 1811 or 0421 677 920 or email@example.com.